Sign up for a gym membership in Greenwood. Eat better and stick to a nutrition plan. Try a different workout class. Lose weight.
We’ve all done it. It’s a new year, and we choose particular resolutions. Then we give up in just a few weeks. Why does this happen?
1. Make Fitness Goals, Not Resolutions
Resolutions are a firm plan to do or not do something. As a result, they’re rigid and can be intimidating.
Goals are a target of your ambition, an aim or a favorable result. They appear less formidable—and more possible.
Imagine you come into 2020 with the outlook of creating reachable goals, in place of making intimidating resolutions? Reviewing your thinking process and being kinder to yourself is a start toward growth.
2. Choose SMART Fitness Goals
Your goals for the year could include:
- Professional—getting a promotion in your career.
- Health—having a strength training workout.
- Personal—reading additional books.
Now that you’ve established your goals, how do you remain dedicated to accomplishing them?
SMART goals energize you to reach milestones and recognize victories during the process.
How Do You Create a SMART Goal?
SMART represents specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-based. They are clear but not overpowering.
Personal SMART goals could include:
- Read for 20 minutes before you go to sleep nightly this week.
- Consume veggies at every meal this week.
- Take a walk after dinner every day this week.
Creating SMART goals will help you avoid feeling defeated by what you want to do.
3. Share Your Fitness Goals with a Loved One
Remember to reveal your goals to someone! Using an accountability partner can aid you in remaining with your goal during the process.
4. Sign Up for a Free Week at FXB Greenwood
Prepared to finally reach your fitness goals today?
Determining (and reaching) goals is just one component of the healthy lifestyle we demonstrate at Farrell's Greenwood. Sign up for a free week and learn how we can help you achieve your goals.